Are you a current undergraduate student (first year, sophomore, or junior) with experience finding creative answers to questions in your field? Do you enjoy talking about your creative work, entrepreneurship, or research? Would you like to have access to professional and leadership development opportunities? Are you interested in helping to support and expand the work of the Office for Undergraduate Research (OUR)
The OUR Ambassadors Program is designed to:
- Build a cohort of student ambassadors to support and enhance the work of the Office for Undergraduate Research – from art to biology to policy
- Create opportunities for students to help build a community of undergraduate researchers throughout UNC
- Provide peer mentors to incoming and current students interested in creative solutions through projects and research
- Offer professional and leadership development opportunities to OUR Ambassadors
- Assist OUR in developing fundraising activities
You can read about some of our current Ambassadors here.
- Complete application and interview process
- Meet 3-5 times during the academic year with OUR staff for program planning and professional development
- Commit 15-20 hours/semester to Ambassador activities. In addition to Ambassador meetings, you might mentor current and incoming students, participate in panels or present in classes about undergraduate research, and engage in other outreach activities, including fundraising
If you have any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.